The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women is about remembering those who have experienced gender-based violence and those who we have lost to it. It is also a time to take action. Achieving a Canada free from gender-based violence requires everyone living in this country to educate themselves and their families and communities on gender-based violence, centre the voices of survivors in our actions and speak up against harmful behaviours.
Ways to honour the victims of this tragedy on December 6:
- Wear a white ribbon. You can make one at home or order one online.
- Observe a moment of silence at 11:00 am.
- Attend a vigil in your community.
- Today and throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-based Violence (from November 25 to December 10), add your voice to the conversation and share the ways you are being part of the solution to end gender-based violence. Use the hashtag #16Days.
- Learn more about the 16 Days of Activism Against GBV campaign and how to get involved