Terrace ASSISTANT COORDINTAR Job Posting 2022
The City of Terrace R.C.M.P. Detachment has a vacancy for a highly-skilled, motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Assistant Coordinator – Terrace & District RCMP Victim Services Program.
The position primarily involves:
- Providing direct support services to victims and witnesses of crime and trauma;
- Providing crisis intervention, emotional support, information, and referrals over the phone and on site
- Liaise with criminal justice partners including RCMP, Crown Counsel, Probation and the Coroner’s office.
- Offer clients involved with the criminal justice system access to court support (including providing information on court process, court orientation, court attendance, and other related duties.
- Attending the scene of police crisis call-outs and providing emotional support to victims and witnesses when required;
- Providing information to victims and witness regarding agencies available to provide assistance and liaising with agencies to obtain services;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Providing assistance to victims in completing Crime Victims Assistance, Victim Impact Statements and other relevant forms.
- Establishing and maintaining client files;
- Performing administrative duties, as required.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Secondary school graduation;
- Completion of a degree or diploma in the social sciences field along with two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Training in crisis intervention, providing support through a trauma informed lens, effective communication, basic counselling skills, or victim service training is preferred;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment and skill in high stress situations and critical incidents;
- Strong sense of professionalism, non-judgmental attitude and the ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner;
- Knowledge of victim issues and an understanding of the Criminal Justice System is an asset;
- Superior organizational, multitasking and time management skills;
- Computer experience, preferably in a Windows environment using Outlook, Access, Word and Excel;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including report writing;
- Accurate typing speed of 50 w.p.m.;
- A class 5 BC Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record;
- Reliable transportation for work purposes;
- The position is based on the successful completions of an enhanced security clearance which will take several months.
The successful incumbent will normally work the hours set out in the contract during the agreed upon Monday to Friday schedule.
Resumes will be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday December 16th, 2022. Forward applications to Terry Williamson, Human Resources Manager,
City of Terrace, 3215 Eby Street, Terrace, B.C. V8G 2X8
Tel. (250) 638-4723 | Fax (250) 638-4777 (or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).